Dual Enrollment/Credit Quick Facts
Dual Credit - receiving credit at both the high school and SSCC
I. STEPS TO DUAL ENROLLMENT
1. Students applying for dual enrollment are encouraged to speak with theirII. Deadlines for submission of required materials for Career Technical Scholarship:
high school counselor before applying.
2. Submit online application. Student will receive student ID number after
applying online. Required
3. Submit photo ID (Alabama driver license or state-issue identification card) and
signature page to Enrollment Services by mail, fax, or email.
4. Submit high school transcript documenting the required grade point average to
Enrollment Services by mail, fax, or email.
5. Dual Enrollment for Dual Credit Students permission form with required signature
of principal or counselor. Click here
6. Application for Admission for Dual Enrollment for Dual Credit. Click here
To apply for career technical funding, email additional required paperwork below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Career Assessment (ex. Kuder, CareerCruising, or other) to determine suitability
for career pathway in career technical program. For more information, consult
high school counselor.
8. Four-year plan that clearly indicates the chosen Career Pathway
For more information, consult high school counselor.
For career technical funds, the results of the student's career assessment must correspond with the course(s) indicated on Dual Enrollment for Dual Credit permission form.
||May 16, 2016
|May 16, 2016
III. Dual Enrollment for Dual Credit requirements:
1. Meet all admission requirements as determined by the College,
2. Have a minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale or 80 on 100 point scale
(HS Transcripts must be provided.) - CHANGE beginning summer 2016
3. Have written approval forms from principal and superintendent.4. Meet all prerequisites requirements.
5. Must take COMPASS if appropriate ACT scores are not on file.
(a) ACT scores of 18 or higher in English, 20 or higher in math and reading or
(b) COMPASS Assessment
6. Courses must be above 100 level and PED classes are not eligible.
7. Students can register online once all documentation and approvals have been granted.
IV. Returning Dual Credit and Accelerated HS students
Dually enrolled students may register themselves online once all documentation and approvals
have been granted. Dual Credit will have a restriction (3D) on their account preventing them
from obtaining an official transcript prior to graduation.
In addition, all dually enrolled students will have a dual enrollment attribute (DUAL) that will
prevent students from registering online without the appropriate permits. This is due to the
fact that permission forms are required each semester.
V. Dual Credit Students Converting to a First-Time Freshman
Students must notify Enrollment Services of a change of status if they have not graduated
from high school prior to attempting to register for classes. (Usually this only occurs in the
spring semester when the student plans to enroll in the summer semester.)
Required forms below:
Career Technical Dual Enrollment Checklist
Application for Admission for Dual Enrollment for Dual Credit
Dual Enrollment Permission Form for Dual Credit Students
Dual Enrollment Resources:
Dual Enrollment Best Practices Handbook
CTDE Priority Programs
Shelton State Career Technical Programs by Priority