Testing & Assessment Services
Welcome to the Testing and Assessment Center
The Testing Center is located on the Martin Campus in Room 1826 and on the Fredd Campus in Room 116. This state-of-the-art facility is designed to provide computer-based as well as paper and pencil testing in a secure environment. Our mission is to provide opportunities for students to meet their educational goals by offering assessments for course placement, program acceptance and/or college admittance and other exam services.
If ACT or SAT scores are below departmental cutoff scores, all first-time college students are required to take a series of exams before registering for their first semester classes. Transfer and adult students are also required to take one or all of the exams if they do not have appropriate transfer credits. The exams measure college entry-level skills in reading, writing, and mathematics. The scores are used by advisors to help determine the selection of appropriate courses.
The Shelton State Community College Testing and Assessment Center offers a variety of testing services:
- ACCUPLACER--College course placement assessment
- Residual ACT
- National ACT
- Make-up examination service
- American College Testing (ACT) National
- Exam proctoring for students from other institutions
- Exam proctoring service for on-line courses
- Certiport - Microsoft Office Certification
- All students must show an official, current, photo ID in order to test.
- All fees must be paid in the Cashiers Office on the Martin or Fredd Campus. The Cashier’s Office on the Martin Campus is open Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. The Cashier’s Office on the C. A. Fredd Campus is open Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- Cell phones may not be used in the Testing Center.
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- With prior approval from the Office of Disability Services, testing is available for students with disabilities.